Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back in the swing

Today the kids went back to school. Matthew hadn't wanted to go back, because something had happened on his last day...but he wouldn't talk to me about it. We talked him into going back so he didn't give me any trouble today. Cameron on the other hand started shaking his head "no" as soon as he saw the school. But in the end everything went fine, no crying, not even a single tear.

I talked to Matthew's teacher about his last day. I wasn't sure she'd have any idea about what had happened, but she did. Apparently Matthew and his friend got put in time out. She made them apologize to each other and then Matthew wanted to play with his friend again. His friend however didn't want to play...and apparently this really upset Matthew. His teacher said he just shut down after that. It all made sense to me, and I really think that was what the problem was. She also told me that this little boy has some "problems". She said family problems. I'll just need to talk to Matthew and help him understand that sometimes his friends might not want to play, and that sometimes people hold a grudge (I should be able to explain that one pretty good).

OH, and I think they'll be able to start 5 days a week this week! I won't know what to do with myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home